The village of Limoges is a young growing community nestled at the doorstep of Canada’s national capital region. Straddling both The Nation Municipality and Russell Township, the village borders the great Larose Forest, one of Ontario’s largest man-made forests.
Limoges welcomes a multilingual, friendly, safe and volunteer-driven community. The village features a dynamic landscape highlighted by a mix of urban sprawling and country. Neighbouring the City of Ottawa and Orléans, Limoges is located next to major Ontario Highway 417 and sits just a 30-minute drive east of Canada’s Parliament Hill and Ottawa’s Macdonald-Cartier International Airport.
Limoges is a growing community with more than 4,000 residents, having more than doubled its population since 2000. Through expanded services and affordable living, the Limoges area is expected to grow to more than 10,000 residents by 2035.
As an attractive tourist destination, Limoges shares the peaceful Larose Forest that offers world-class recreation trails for every season as well as the magnificent Calypso Theme Waterpark that features Canada’s tallest waterslide and largest wave pool as part of an extensive summertime activity centre.
- Rapidly expanding, multilingual community with existing municipal & internet services;
- A Health Hub featuring a family medical clinic, pharmacy, dentists, and wellness services (details at santelimoges.ca);
- 12 minutes from the future Amazon distribution centre *
- Pleasant environment featuring forestry and agricultural land;
- Public parks, recreational facilities and trails;
- Local churches, library, primary schools and daycares;
- Bus transportation connected to the city of Ottawa;
- Next to a 400 series highway exit which provides access between the major cities of Ottawa and Montréal;
- Proximity to Ottawa international airport;
The Limoges Citizens Committee maintains VillageLimoges.ca as an online portal to activities, community organizations, public services, recreation, and culture within the Limoges area. Alongside local businesses and organizations, the directories also feature contact information to important health and welfare services.
*The operation of the Amazon distribution centre of more than a million square feet will create close to 600 jobs in the region. The warehouse is currently under construction on Boundary Road near the 417 and its opening is planned for autumn in 2019.